Sunday 3 March 2013

The Twelve Days of Lipstick - Day 1...

Hello again lovely readers,

One thing you may have picked up from my previous post is that I absolutely adore make-up, lipstick in particular. I tend to collect make-up rather than just have the bare essentials and I'm a complete sucker for a limited edition collection.

'Fashion Not Rocket Science' will always be, first and foremost, a vintage blog. But I felt it was time to branch out and throw some vintage style make-up into the mix. What better place to start than with lipstick?

I have so many lipsticks and probably don't wear the majority of them as much as I should. So, to try and get the best from my collection (and maybe rediscover a few I've forgotten I have) I'm going to be doing a '12 Days of Lipstick' - wearing a different lipstick each day for the next 12 days. I will also be posting on Twitter and Instagram. It's definitely time to dig out those bright spring shades I've not even considered wearing during the cold, dark winter months!

So today was day 1 and I was in a nude mood (oooh, err!) so slapped on a bit of 'Hue' by MAC (£14 each - see pic below). It may not look like much but it's very glossy and pretty on and was perfect for today's look. I was sporting deep purple winged liner and didn't want anything too strong on the lips.

I'd love to know what your favourite nude lipstick is. Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment